Follow our helpful tips below and enjoy a top performing water heater:
- Check regularly for water around the heater and listen for unusual noises.
- Consider lowering the water heater thermostat to 120 degrees to save money on your energy costs.
- Always maintain two feet of clearance around the water heater unless the manufacturer specifies otherwise.
- If you have an older water heater, you may want to consider adding a layer of insulation around it to help it hold heat and use less energy.
- Don’t forget to adjust the water heater to the lowest setting if you plan to be out of town. Some heaters have a built in “vacation” settings that you can easily switch on and off.
- If you feel that you aren’t getting your full tank of hot water that could be because you tank is filled with sediment